Dallas Electrician | Light Fixture Install | FAQ
Q: How do I install a light fixture?
Removal of Original Light Fixture
- Turn off all power in the house.
- Turn off the light switch.
- Remove lens or glass shades.
- Take out existing light bulbs.
- Remove the canopy nut if present, if not remove the two screws holding the fixture base in place.
- Remove the wire connections
Installing the New Fixture
- Unpack the fixture and read all directions.
- Assemble the frame or base.
- Attach fixture strap if available to outlet box.
- Attach wire connectors.
- Attach fixture to box or strap.
- Install light bulbs with the recommended wattage.
- Install new lens or glass shade.
- Turn on power to house. Turn on switch.
Need help installing a light fixture? Give the experts at Milestone Electric a call today! We're one of Dallas' most trusted and highly referred service companies.
Call us Today! 972.422.9030